Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Diet Goals

I haven't updated in a while, but I've still been keeping up with the workout. After breaking 165 lbs,  I got carried away and tried to eat 4000 kcals a day. The problem was that I was focused on other things in my life, so I got burnt out in a few days. I let my diet go, and I've basically stayed the same.  I'm thinking that I'm around 163 lbs, but I haven't weighed myself in a while.

Anyway, I stalled at 205 lbs on squat and then again on 215.  I'm dropping down to 195 today and also dropping down to 3 sets. I feel like I should have made it further than 215, and I'm sure that my diet is to blame.  So going up in weight has motivated me to start dieting again.  But what really motivated me is that is that I don't feel like I've ever really done a solid bulking/cutting cycle. I want to bulk for the next month and a half (until Oct 15). Then I want to cut for 2 weeks or until I have a legit six-pack.

This should accomplish 2 things for me. 1) I've never felt like I was big.  A month and a half of 4000 kcals a day should make me big one way or another. 2) I've never had a solid six-pack. I've always been just on the verge of one.

Anyway, I'm on track for today with 2000 kcals at 2 pm. I know that I got burnt out before at 4000 kcals, but this time, I have a set date that I can stop.  Before, it was just 4000 kcals indefinitely with no light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment