Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011 Workout Summary

My 23nd StrongLifts 5x5 workout.

Squat
I completed 5x5 at 200 lbs. I was pretty surprised that I just blew through this.  I really just focused on pushing down with my legs as hard as I could and tried not to focus on the pain or the fatigue. I think it's really counter-productive to guess what rep I'm going to fail on, and when I think about it, I psych myself out. When I just push my hardest, it takes care of the mental part of the game.

Bench
I completed 5x5 at 165 lbs. I lifted my ass off the bench a little bit on the last rep, but I was really pushing. So I counted it.

Rows
I completed 5x5 at 115 lbs. My form is still pretty bad, but I'm going to wait for 135 lbs to get really picky. It's just too hard to keep the form perfect when I have to set the weights down on other plates.  When I can start setting the weights down on the floor, I'll care more.


Abs
I completed 5/5/4/3/3 at 35 lbs.  I can really feel myself working which is a nice feeling.


Weight
I weighed 167 lbs. I'm trying to push up to 170 lbs and I'm getting really close. It seems like my weight is sitting still over the past week, but I think it's just inconsistencies in the measurements. Usually a week of stagnation is followed by a jump in weight on the scale. I'll be looking for that next week :-).

1 comment:

  1. Good call on the mental part of squats. I also "predict" what rep I will fail on in my head. There was one weight, 215 lbs I think, that I kept failing on the 5th rep of the 4th set. It was all mental. Congrats on hitting 200 lbs! I know that was a huge deal for me.

    Nice work on the bench too. 165 5x5 at your body weight is incredible!

    ReplyDelete