Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13, 2011 Workout Summary

My 4th StrongLifts 5x5 workout.Time to add some cool charts and graphs to show my progress.


LiftStart (6/6/2011)Current (6/13/2011)Gain
Squat135 lbs150 lbs+15 lbs
Deadlift185 lbs195 lbs+10 lbs
Bench145 lbs150 lbs+5 lbs
Rows60 lbs65 lbs+5 lbs
Overhead Press45 lbs50 lbs+5 lbs
Calves90 lbs90 lbs+0 lbs
Abs0 lbs0 lbs+0 lbs
Weight154.6 lbs159.2 lbs+4.6 lbs

Squat
I completed 5x5 at 150 lbs.  My squat is now as high as my bench. It's also pretty challenging, but I feel like I can move higher.  I don't see myself stalling until after 165 lbs.

Overhead Press
I completed 5x5 at 50 lbs.  This is still easy. I'm not sore or worn out have my workouts. I do look pretty ridiculous though pressing the bar with 2.5 lb weights on each side. I know that 5 pounds a workout is good progression, and I'll have 45's on each side in no time, so I'm not going to add extra weight or jump higher.

Deadlift
I completed 1x5 at 195 lbs. I did quite a bit of stretching before this workout to get my technique where it needs to be. 195 lbs isn't too hard and I shouldn't stall until well after 225 lbs.

Abs
I completed 5x5 at 0 lbs.  I know that last time I reported 5x5 at 5 lbs, but I decided that I needed to increase the incline of the ab bench. I had it at one notch up from as inclined as it could be.  I did this because I wasn't sitting all the way up to my legs.  I thought that it was because the incline was just high for my body to crunch a full rep.  But it turns out that I was just too weak to make the full reps at full incline. Today I was able to do the full reps, so I didn't hold any weight. Also, on the graph, I counted the last workout as doing 0 lbs instead of 5 lbs.

Weight
I weighed 159.2 lbs at the end of my workout. I was surprised yet again when I stepped on the scale. I thought I would hold around 157 lbs for a little bit. I'm getting really close to my personal record on weight.  The highest I've ever seen on the scale was 160.X lbs, so if I make it to 161 lbs, it'll be a record. I still don't believe that I'm eating enough calories to support the weight that I'm gaining, so I'll understand if it takes me a couple more weeks to see that record.  But I'm excited to get and stay over 160 lbs, so I'm really hoping I'll see it by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment