Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 8, 2011 Workout Summary

My second workout on the SL 5x5 Program. This was my first time doing workout B of the program.

Squat
I completed 5x5 at 140 lbs. My legs really hurt before starting my lifts.  Luckily, the soreness went away after my first set. The second through fourth sets felt really good. I could feel my legs reaching their max on the fifth set. I don't think that I would have been able to get off a 6th rep on my last set.

Overhead Press
I completed 5x5 at 45 lbs.  I was a little worried about my flexibility and being able to do these with good form.  I did a lot of stretching doing these lifts.  I hadn't done these before, so I had no way to know what my max was. The 45 lbs was very easy though.

Deadlift
I completed 1x5 at 185 lbs.  My 1x5 max was 225 lbs.  I cut back quite a bit to work on my form.  I don't think that I was anywhere near failure on my last rep.

Abs
I completed 5x5 at 0 lbs.  I abandoned the abs machine in favor of doing abs on an incline abs bench.  I started with no weight, but I will hold weights in the future.

Weight
I weight 156.2 lbs at the end of this workout.  I was pretty surprised to see this. I'm not eating enough to gain 1.6 pounds in 2 days and I thought my weight was already pretty high last time I weighed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment